August 23, 2004

Burgled at Will

So there I am, last night one of my buds calls and says she's in a predicament. Her first question is, "do you still have your lock pick set?" Oh boy..

Oh my, Kristi, what did you do now? As the predicament unfolds, I learn she is house-sitting for her friends who will be gone for 5 days. Kristi locked her keys in the house, duh. Don't laugh, like you've never locked yourself out of something. Problem being, the owners two dogs were in the house as well.

Booyaah, finally I get to let my friend see my covert action hero skills and alter crime fighting identity that I've polished to a mirror finish over the last 20 years, yeah whatever. I had just polished off a six-pack of a fine imported lager, so I wasn't in a condition that I wanted to be on the road. I told her I'd give her a call first thing in the morning. Morning comes early and I get to the house, nice place - 2 story, 6 bedroom in a nice, small lot, upper class neighborhood.

After 'casing' the place, I target the side garage door, in plain view of the street, sidewalk and neighbors windows, since that lock is going to be the easiest. I guess lockpicking skills are like anything, if you don't practice you get rusty. I must have spent 25 minutes trying to get this thing open. Duing that 25 minutes, 3 people walked by down the sidewalk and said hi, at least a dozen cars drove by, and the next door neighbor backed her car out and waved before she drove off.

Talk about nice neighbors, sheesh.

Story has a good ending, I didn't get arrested, get treated to lunch for a week by kristi, and best of all - I saved the doggies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

I'm not sure if I should be scared from how easy it is to break into a house in the middle of the day, or relieved that the world is a nice enough place that this doesn't happen every day (at least not to me).

What do you bet Kristi's emptied the place out and is wondering if she can convince you she's "house sitting" for someone else now?

2:22 PM, August 30, 2004  
Blogger dag said...

Yikes! I've always wondered where she got the money to buy that BMW!

7:28 PM, August 30, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home