October 04, 2005

Closer than you think

Bigfoot, Yeti, Abominable Snowman, Sasquatch, Swamp Monster, Fouke Monster, Florida Skunk Ape, Mapinguary, Yowie, Momo, Wookie, Windigo, Nuk-Luk Nakani, Woods Devil.


We've all heard of them. But have you REALLY thought about them? Real or Myth? Alive or Extinct? Scary or Warm and Fuzzy? Missing Link or Future Pets?

I've done my research covering the web, academia and fieldwork. (all four days of it) I now have formulated my opinion, and probably will include my findings as a chapter in my paper on biomimicry.


Search the site below to find out how close they are to you. ;)

They are closer than you think.

10 Comments:

Blogger El Fid said...

Looks like you got sasquatch scat on your blog, yuck. Maybe you tracked it in on your boots.

11:27 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger dag said...

Damn blogspam, I may have to beg k for instructions on how to put in that word verification thing.

12:06 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger k_sra said...

Select "settings"
Select "comments"
Select "yes" for word verification

There are 181 listed encounters in Ohio, none in Cuyahoga. Astabula was once thoguht to be the burial grounds for a tribe of eight foot people, my father tells me. People are still trying to find the burial sites.

10:20 AM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger k_sra said...

(*Also, blogger has a feature now that allows you to upload fotos directly to your post. It appears as a little picture icon in the tool bar in the HTML or compose mode. It'll resize and center them for you.)

You did take photos didn't you? : )

10:23 AM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

365 in WA, 31 in my county alone. I'll keep my eyes open.

12:47 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Hey, he is closer than I thought. I'm going to Mt. St. Helens on friday and on the Mt. St. Helens web site it boasts about a recent sighting.

1:06 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger dag said...

Here's a phtot chaallenge: Snap a picture that contains both magma and Bigfoot!

9:19 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger dag said...

I'm keyboard challenged this morning.

9:19 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I never witnessed a Bigfoot, and there were clouds at the top of Helens.

There was a big (obviously) statue of Bigfoot outside a tourist trap that sold hot java. Perhaps that would have been good enough for you, had I not left the camera in the trunk.

1:48 PM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger dag said...

Sounds close enough.

1:05 PM, November 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home