November 14, 2005

Tons of Change

I got a second opinion, but I'm still over 30 tons. THIR-TEE TONS. Tons. Looking down the estimated itemized packing list, I guess I can believe it - a few of the highlights:

1. 26,000 lbs of on/off road vehicles
2. 8,600 lbs of misc. antiquities (yes W, this includes a cannon)
3. 3,800 lbs of machining/lab equipment
4. 2,300 lbs of rocks/minerals (could have sworn they were under 1/2 ton)

Just these four were 2/3 of the total, I think now they might be underestimating. Damn they're gonna need two trucks.

Where and why did I get all this stuff? I think I'll have a yard sale.

Also, in case y'all haven't noticed, there are big changes going on in dagworld. Had chat with myself last adventure and liked what I heard. What’s new:
1. I’m moving – Property Secured, should be mountainside by Dec 01
2. I'm retiring – Sold my biz, never work again, I’m officially silly rich.
3. I'm courting – Soul mate here I come.
4. I'm shaving my face – it can always grow back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

I just knew you owned a cannon. I recommend selling whatever is easily replacable. The loss in cash can be smaller than the moving costs. Plus it's nice to have new things.

1. Congratulations. Moving is almost always a good choice, with the spice of life being variety and all. Plus you practically lived in the mountains with all of your vacationing anyway.

2. Congratulations again. Everyone is jealous. I hope you live life like Team Scotty - a guy named Scott I met once that became silly rich and retired at age 35 or so, and traveled around handing out Team Scotty t-shirts and buttons. I was at Club Med and he decided to stay an extra month because he was having fun. Damn was he having fun.

3. Sorry, can't help you there. Courting is exciting and can be fun, but I don't miss it in the slightest. Of course I've never been silly rich while courting.

4. Although facial hair can add a bit of character, I see it as hiding from the world. Welcome out of hiding.

11:41 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger dag said...

World, as usual, you provide a wealth of insight. Appreciate the thoughts and will incorporate them into the master plan.

Team dagnbrut T-shirts eh? May have to look into this to hand out when I'm outabout and start a fan club.

12:24 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger k_sra said...

Wow. Good for you!

Before you know it you'll be the most envied man on the planet (if you're not already). And you'll be the one sitting back and saying, "See, I told you so." And Brutus will lick his chops sagaciously.

3:57 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Damn: "sagaciously"? You've clearly mastered your new little dictionary. The word fits perfectly.

List of at least one word [World] didn't know from the S page of [k]'s dictionary:
sagaciously

4:17 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home