September 07, 2004

Bored

I'm bored. I was sitting here thinking, what can I do to entertain myself? Ever since Worldgineer said he's going camping in Cailfornia I've had this 'gotta get in the wilderness' urge. What better way to fulfill that urge than to drop everything and get lost!

So I'm off to northwestern Nevada and the surrounding rocks for some hopping. Sometimes you have to be spontaneous, and this is one of those times.

Just got my tickets and I'm flying into Reno tomorrow and renting a jeep. From there I'm not sure which direction looks best. South to Lake Tahoe? North to the ghost towns? East to hmmm not sure if there's anything to the East but rugged rocks, or West to the Redwoods?

I think I'll start with East and see if I can get myself lost in the mountains!

See y'all in a while! If I'm not back in a week, send out search and rescue! Wait, better make that two weeks...

7 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Reminds me of when I went to a wedding in Tahoe. Our present plans changed last minute, and my wife and I found ourselves having to carry on our present to the plane. The present was a tent, and we were quite worried about them not letting us on with tent stakes (we realized this while in the security line, while running late for our plane). When I made it to the front of the line the security officer asked why I was flying to Reno. I told him I was attending a wedding. He looked at me, looked at the tent, shrugged, and said "most stay in a hotel for that, but whatever".

12:59 PM, September 08, 2004  
Blogger Schazade said...

Have fun! I'll miss you in the mean time.

1:52 PM, September 08, 2004  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:36 PM, September 08, 2004  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:47 PM, September 08, 2004  
Blogger k_sra said...

Hope you brought a good sharp knife for limb sawing and things. Have fun!

9:09 AM, September 09, 2004  
Blogger k_sra said...

Are you back yet? Because now I'm bored.

3:55 PM, September 14, 2004  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Yeah, it's been a week. What, they have no internet in the desert/mountains/forest?

4:01 PM, September 14, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home