September 27, 2004

Dig It!

I’m driving up my street Sunday morning and notice one of the neighborhood 11 or 12-year-old kids up the road from my house is digging a hole in his yard. I also notice that he is digging the hole right where the cable line leading to my house, and the rest of the houses past me, is buried.

Being the nice guy I am, I stop and politely tell him he really shouldn’t dig there, because it will slice a cable line. He then asks me “Where else can I dig?”

Hmmm. So the curiosity builds.

“Whatcha diggin’ for?” I ask.

“Nothing” he replies.

“Why are you digging a hole then?”

“Because I just want to dig.”

“Are you burying something?”

“No.”

“Are you digging for gold?”

“No, I JUST WANT TO DIG.” He says now getting a little irate.

“OK, well just don’t dig here anymore. Go in the back of your house and dig there.”
I come home later that day to find my cable is out. Lovely. If he still wants to dig, I suppose I could get him to dig some holes on my property, I’ve been wanting to plant some new trees.

2 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Heh. That's what you get for wasting free labor.

11:54 AM, September 27, 2004  
Blogger k_sra said...

I remember digging holes for no reason at that age. It's a good digging age. Perhaps it's an unspoken cry of the pre-pubescent to be swallowed by the earth.

No more booby channels for a while. ; )

3:28 PM, September 27, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home