April 21, 2005

Buzz Off

Bees, wasps and other flying insects are swarming around the hedges in the front of my house. It was mesmerizing to watch for a while and take some great notes on the flight characteristics of all the different insects. I've got a few brainstorms going for some new aerovehicle designs.

BUT then one of the wasps had to go and land on my arm and sting me, ruining the whole arrangement for everyone.

Chemical warfare. They drew first blood, not me, as Rambo once said. I tried to prevent an adverse amount of collateral damage to the civilian bug population that had nothing to do with the initial attack, but inadvertently a bee or two got hit. My apologies to the bee community. I was able to zap a least 50 terrorist wasps, with the direct chem sprays, then coated their favorite landing zones with a deterrent spray. Overall I'd say the strategic success in the theater of operations was about 98%.

Yes, I have nothing better to do on a gorgeous sunny warm day.

1 Comments:

Blogger dag said...

Seems to have worked, bugs have not returned, yet.

4:30 PM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home